Subject: Re: Which VAXen run Ultrix?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/23/2001 15:56:43
That is listed as supported is what actually works, nothing new or fancy
works with Ultrix, so everything up to VAX6000-500, VAXstation 3100m48
will boot Ultrix, but nothing newer.

From memory.
MicroVAX/VAXstation I/II/III
MicroVAX/VAXstation 2000
MicroVAX 3200,3300,3400,3500,3600,3800,3900
VAX 6000-200,300,400,500
All VAX 8xxx and 11/xxx
VAXstation 3100, m30, m38, m40, m48
VAXstation 35x0
VAX 9000
Older MicroVAX 3100

And I guess some more.

To make it simpel:
nothing with NVAX, Rigel, SOC will boot Ultrix.
Mariah based computers will not boot Ultrix (expect VAX6000-500)
Rigel based computers will not boot Ultrix (expect VAX6000-400)
CVAX and 78032 based computers will boot Ultrix

Sincerly
Mattias N