Subject: Re: Serial console on VAXStation 4000/60
To: John <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/23/2001 07:05:01
Hi,

On Tue, 22 May 2001, John wrote:
> While reading through docs online about proper serial cables for
> VAXStations, I saw a reference to the S3 switch on the 3100 which switches
> the console from the graphics console to the serial port.
>
> Does anyone know if this is the same for the 4000/60?

Yes, but on the 4000/[69]0 it is at the front. Attention, there are 2 switches,
one is for the speaker, the other (labeled S3) is for console selection. Just
flip this to the upper position, and serial console should work.
The switch is hidden behind the flap on the right side.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.