Subject: RE: VAX VECTOR chip, what part number?
To: 'Gunther Schadow' <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/22/2001 12:14:26
	>The other thing is, your XMI cage gets pretty crowded with all of
	>this. Put in 6 (scalar) processor cards, pair 2 of em up with

	The Vector processor was supported on the KA64A and
	possibly on the KA65A. I think the KA66A was just too fast
	for it :-)

	Plus, as you have noticed, XMI slots can be at a premium.

	>has different power supply than processors? Besides, I never
	>understand why the KFMSA and the SCSI adapter are built as XMI
	>modules instead of VAXBI, my BI cages are almost all empty!

	Mine were pretty full ... a few DMB32s, a couple of DSB32s,
	a KDB50 (what I would have given for a KDM70!!).

	>forward to the day when all of those used part retailers will
	>throw out their inventory on ebay, it'll be like christmas :-).

	Might be a while ... the ones I know tend to hang on to
	easily stored stuff like cards ... there are plenty of customers
	who are tied in to their "current" generation for the next
	10-20 years (military apps, power stations subject to regulatory
	control etc.). Now finding a cab 10 years down the road may
	well be much harder ....

	Antonio