Subject: Re: vax 5000/200 question
To: None <fdebros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/21/2001 14:01:29
Hi !

On Mon, 21 May 2001 fdebros@etherdome.mgh.harvard.edu wrote:
> Can I just link a 5000/200 with a storage box via scsi and have a
> "selfstarting" unit of netbsd? As opposed to a netbooting machine?

VAX 5000/200? Don't you mean DECstation 5000/200?
In this case you should consult port-pmax :)
But yes, you can boot NetBSD on a DECstation from disk.

> And: My box  has 64 megs of ram. The port supports Xserver, as far as I
> read. What kind of graphics come out of a 5000/200 with netBSD?

Depends on your TurboChannel adapter, usually PBAGB-BA in many boxes, maybe
a smaller one.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.