Subject: Re: VXT 2000 == Vaxstation
To: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/17/2001 13:38:47
>   The VXT software is on the COMPAQ website, you need to know that the
>   downloadable files are VAX save sets.
>
>   http://www.openvms.compaq.com/freeware/FREEWARE50/VXT

Well, I don't have VMS, but a kind soul put an image up for me.

>   As for running an OS on it,
>   Inside the box it looks like a vax CPU etc.. , besides the VXT X server
>   software runs mostly OK on an old vaxstation 3100 I have.. so they
>   can't be too different!!!..
>
>   [ OTOH, If I recall correctly ,they lack HW floating point support...  ]

Nope, I ran a check from the console and it said the FPU was okay, so I'ld
assume that it has a FPU; if it is in fact OK...

Now this is a VXT2000+, so that may be the difference.  BTW, is 18 Megs the most
memory that these things can hold?  I tried some 8, 16, and a 32 Megs stick and
it just saw them as an additional 4 megs so:
18meg = 4meg on main board + 2meg on daughter card + (3 * 4meg 72pin SIMM)

There seems to be a connector for some type of board in the middle, anyone know
what this connector was/is for?  Just wondering...

jam