Subject: Re: It rained another VAX on me... will NetBSD run on it?
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/17/2001 11:05:02
> But, to come back on topic, a MV4k200 / KA660 is a nice machine. It will
> perfectly run NetBSD with a MSCP disk adapter. I used a Dilog SQ706A
> SCSI to QBus MSCP adapter with it. (That is now part of my MV4k400...)

Hmmm..... So, IFF I am reading this correctly, I can pull the SQ706 out
of my BA123 MVIII critter, and a pair of its scsi drives, and directly
boot up the MV4000/200?  That is assuming I use the generic kernel for
starters?

What sort of relative speedup would that give me, relative to the
3 VUP or so MVIII cpu?

The BA213 would limit me to two internal scsi drives, but I have a
2 gig and a 9 gig drive that I could plop in, assuming that would
make a relatively usable machine.

Anyone have a rom command list for the KA660 cpu?  I will probably
need those.

Would the card order be the same as in the BA123 MVIII machine, i.e.,
serpentine, or is it straight across?

Bob