Subject: Re: It rained another VAX on me... will NetBSD run on it?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/2001 11:50:10
Twas a fine rain dear Bob, you are now in the position of a KA660, the indomitiable VAX 4000/200, fastest CPU you can
use on an unmodified Q-bus backplane. Quite the haul for 5 bucks.

Its #2 on my target list for DSSI support after I get the 3300/3400 working. (and between the power woes and general
economic depression that has hit Silicon Valley this has not been "high" on my list :-() The KA660 uses the SHAC controller
which has some minimal support from Ragge in the 1.5 kernel.

Since it is in an end table I'm guessing it is in one of those roll around BA4xx chassis (see my site for a picture)

You would need an MSCP disk controller to make this run NetBSD in any form other than diskless at the moment but at 5 VUPS
it will out perform your MVII by quite a bit.

--Chuck