Subject: 4000/90 installation - Cannot find appropriate discs. SCSI kernel anyone ?
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Steinbach <coco@executive-computing.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/13/2001 14:52:49
Schur

Now that I successfully grabed a really neat 4000/90 (128Megs of ram :] ), I'd like to install
NetBSD on it. Since I am very new to NetBSD, I waded through the mailing list archives/docs etc,
and made my way up to the point where I can load sysconfig from my CDROM (Apple CD 150, it's a
Sony flavour).

All goes well, until I want to partition my SCSI harddiscs (3 of them, I want to install on the
external DKA0). Sysconfig tells me, that it can't find an appropriate disc. Now I've read in
some postings, that there's no SCSI support in the 1.5 kernel. So I tried the kernel from
snapshots/20000517 (as someone suggested, if memory serves), but again, no avail. Besides some
hints on generating my own kernel, and netbooting it I found no further hints.

So, my question is: Is there an ISO cd image with the appropriate kernel in existence ? And if
yes, where can I get it ?

Thanks in advance

MfG CoCo
BTW: Someone in knowledge of the test xx console commands of the 4000/90 ? They seem to be quite
different from my 3100/30, I was unable to initialize DKA0 on the 4000/90, did it on my 3100.

Executive Computing - www.executive-computing.com
   IT consulting and services for executives

... Nothing is so smiple that it can't get screwed up.