Subject: Re: Graphic console/netboot problems
To: Maciej Szymanski <myszymanski@poczta.wp.pl>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/12/2001 10:39:42
On Sat, 12 May 2001, Maciej Szymanski wrote:

> I've got problems while netbooting my VAXstation3100.  MOP,bootparams
> and NFS works fine and kernes starts booting. But after displaying
> 'counters' and testing TZ30 tape system hangs up.

When you say testing the tape system, I think you mean that you can see or
hear the SCSI tape device being checked out, yes?  And you don't see
any text messages past the loading of the kernel?

The problem is that the graphics console is only supported for the
monochrome frame buffer which is built onto the system board.  The 4 and 8
plane color graphics options aren't yet supported.  The two options you
have are to use the monochrome framebuffer or to use the serial console.

-brian.