Subject: Graphic console/netboot problems
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Maciej Szymanski <myszymanski@poczta.wp.pl>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/12/2001 11:30:18
I've got problems while netbooting my VAXstation3100.
MOP,bootparams and NFS works fine and kernes starts
booting. But after displaying 'counters' and
testing TZ30 tape system hangs up.
I've used boot image & loader from NetBSD 1.4.1 and 1.5
(and mix of those).
With use of image from 1.4.1 system hangs, and after
pressing any key displays HALT message and returns to
VAX console prompt '>>>'.
With image from 1.5 system display HALT and comes back
to console imediatly.

I'm using graphic console (I've got 8 plane framebuffer).
I can't find any explicit information that graphic console
is/is not supported on my system, I've only find that
4 or 8 plane graphics isn't supported. Do it regard
console or only X ?

Beside 8 plane graphics my sytem is equiped with 24Mb of
RAM, 3 SCSI disks (thrid party), RRD40 and TZ30 tape.
Under VMS everything works just fine, so broblem is
rather in some kind of incompatibility rather than
hardware failure.

Maciek