Subject: Re: ts(4) / 9 track tape
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/10/2001 01:15:02
On  9 May, Chuck McManis wrote:

>>The CXY08 is already supported? dhu(4) or dz(4) or???
> dhu(4) however it only works in 'non-DMA' mode. I have the switch settings
> at home on this one.
But I don't have a CXY08. I have a QS09 that emulates two CXY08. And I
have no clue how to get into the nifty PROM setup that Emulex cards
usualy using... Perhaps I can extrapolate somthing from the QT14...

>>A CXA16 is also in my QBus inventory, but - again - I have no doc.
> Neither do I, it has the same switch layout as the CXY08 which makes me
> suspect its similar, and the VMS docs seem to think it is just a CXY08 with
> more ports. My guess is that it _only_ works in DMA mode and that is why
> NetBSD can't deal with it.
The same procedure as every year: no doc. ;-(

[RXV21]
> And it lets you talk to 8" floppies ;-)
The biger the better! It would fit perfectly to the 10.5" Fujitsu Eagle
SMD disk or the 9 track tape. But it is posible to connect a 5.25"
floppy drive to a 8" floppy controller.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen