Subject: ts(4) / 9 track tape
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/09/2001 22:13:48
Hi.

A sparrow chirped to me that there is currently a new ts(4) under
developement. Is that right?
I want to learn more about kernel internas. So I decided to rewirte the
currently broken ts(4). This would also help to get my nice cipher 9
track tape to work on the VAX. (It works already well on my PDP11/73.)
But it would be a waste of time if there is already someone working on
this.

BTW: I noticed that the Emulex QT14 (pertec tape controller that
emulates TSV05 or TMSCP) is identical to the DEC TSV05 M7206. A M7206
can only emulate the older M7196 TSV05. But a M7206 can be "upgraded"
to a TMSCP speaking QT14 by replacing the DEC firmware with the Emulex
firmware. :-)))
--

tschüß,
         Jochen