Subject: TU78 tape drive parts
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/06/2001 12:26:26
Not sure if there is anybody out there that still runs one of these baby's,
but I have a TU78 (9-track, 6250BPI) tape drive, or all the pieces to it
anyways, that I had taken out of the rack it was in at work and was going
to play around with it at home (I was going to put it into another rack)...
Tape drive assembly, the controller, power supply...  everything to get
it working (even a MASSBUS cable), but I just never did anything with
it (and never felt like running 220V into my garage to run it).

Anybody out there have any interest in it, for parts?  I also have the
(I think) complete schematic set for it.  Based on weight (especially
the mongo linear power supply with a @(#&$@#  80-pound transformer),
I'd rather not ship it, but if there is anybody in the northeast who is
interested
in it, I'd be willing to take a drive to get rid of it.

If not, I'm sure there's a dumpster at work with its name on it.  I'll wait a
few weeks, but I'm getting rid of it one way or another.

I'd also be willing to remove some parts (logic boards, etc) if someone just
wants parts to try and keep one alive.   And trash the rest.

Free if you want it...  or cost of shipping if you just need a few parts.

Pete