Subject: Re: NetBSD on older VAXen --- any speed updates?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/2001 10:33:31
I would say that a tailored kernel of -current bypasses the previous
top speed OS by far, even with moderate memory sizes.

The only thing to notice is that it may be a good idea to keep the
system compiled static on slow machines. On a 11/750 the dynamic
linking takes >5s when starting a binary.

-- Ragge