Subject: Re: VAX 6000 3-phase conversion (was: Re: Three Phase)
To: Gunther Schadow <>
From: Brian Chase <>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/22/2001 10:27:43
On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Gunther Schadow wrote:

> I wonder, are we the first ones to fire up their 6000 in their private
> dwellings?

Based on Geoff's page, I'd say he counts as one of the earliest if not the
first.  Still, it's not so impressive as someone firing up an 11/780 or
one of the VAX 8000 series.  They're true power hogs.

> BTW: has anyone noticed major interference with radios or
> TVs (the label on the machine talks about it ...)

Well, I'm not opposed to building a Faraday cage for my VAX if necessary.

--- Brian Chase | | -----
                  Windows is a 16-bit operating system
                  so it can only go up to 64k of bugs.  -- K.