Subject: Re: in need of a QBus SCSI card for my VAX 4000
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2001 15:41:31
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, der Mouse wrote:

> > Problem isn't building a SCSI controller, but the fact that you want
> > it to look like an MSCP controller from the computer perspective.
>
> Why?  I see no reason to make it speak MSCP to the CPU except to make
> it bootable.  And while it would certainly be _nice_ for it to be
> bootable, I know I'd sure be happy to have one even if I had to boot
> some other way.

Okay. Different views on this. I consider it a very good point to be
bootable, and have support in the different OSes. Sure, I can hack a
device driver for RSX for whatever you cook up, and it would work as
storage. But for me, that is not enough. I occasionally need to boot from
my backup as well...

	Johnny