Subject: Re: in need of a QBus SCSI card for my VAX 4000
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2001 00:28:18
Brian Chase drunkenly mumbled...
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > sadly i was laid off last week (stupid swedes cutting budgets) but i
>
> Shhhh... quiet.  They also wrote most of the NetBSD/vax port.

maybe i should restate: stupid volvo, cutting budgets.  (sorry to any swedes
who don't work for volvo) no offense meant, it's just been a frustrating
couple of days.

> Last week was a bad week I guess.  My Indianapolis based dotcom company
> went under and laid off everyone as well.  We'd sort of smelled it coming

this was no suprise to me either.  the truck manufacturing industry is a
sinking ship.  that's what you get for insisting on making products that last
in todays economy. :)  in a nutshell, there are 9 truck manufacturers left in
the world, and now two of them (Mack and Renault) are owned by Volvo.  it's
a scramble to survive at this point.

> for several weeks though.  At least in the midwest you can more
> effectively "duck and cover" to survive hard economic times.

it's not so bad here, i'm sorta sticking it to myself by staying here in
Allentown instead of moving to Philladephia, but my wife's job is here, and
the news business is quite a bit harder to find a job in.

> Maybe Wasabi Systems is hiring. :-)

well, if they are, i'm sure they would love to contact us ASAP. (nudge nudge)

cheers,

-brian