Subject: Re: 4000/600
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/2001 17:02:37
On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> hmm. ok, this gives some hope that is isnt just something 4000-specific.
> i'll dig up an rqdx3 and an rd54 and stick 'em in and see if they work..
> Has anybody already done any investigation into why these cards have
> trouble? I know that 4.3's standalone driver can't boot from them without
> a modification, is there something of a simple nature also lurking here?
> if nobody's done any work on this i'll start looking into it

I was planning to look into this, and started setting up a netboot
environment, but then I've stumbled onto another bug in NetBSD/vax
concerning a kernel stack error. So I haven't had any time to look into
it. It seems as if all processes stop, waiting for I/O to complete after a
while, which gives some clues on where to look, but that's it so far.

	Johnny