Subject: Re: Problem with VAXStation 4000/VLC
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Bamdad Ehterami <bamdad@mehr.sharif.ac.ir>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/2001 08:14:29
On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Chuck McManis wrote:

> Some questions:
>          1) When you boot the output is going to the VT420 right
>             and the monitor accepts commands from the VT420 as well
>             right?

	Yes, The S3 switch is set to the correct position, I see the
	Start up memory chech and the '>>>' prompt and I can give it
	the necessary commands to boot up from network, but everything
	seems to freeze when I get to the installation menu (the one
	with a,b,c,d,e,x choices.)

>          2) Check to see what baud rate the VT420 is set to, I believe
>             that NetBSD wants 9600 on the console and if you've set
>             it to 19.2 in the VLC it may break.

	As far as I remember I've set it to 9600, but I'll check it
	again.

>          3) You aren't accidently hitting 'F1' (hold screen) in an attempt
>             to hit "escape" are you? Look for the "HOLD" light on the
>             keyboard.

	No, If I press F1 to hold the screen that Hold indicator at the
	bottom of the screen will show up...

>          4) The "installation prompt" is the Sysinstall screen right?

	I don't know, I know the sysinstall in FreeBSD but I haven't
	seen a working NetBSD yet, this is my first time! but as I said,
	it's the screen which has the a,b,c,d,e,x choices.