Subject: creating bootable block device = SyQuest
To: port-vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/2001 10:11:08
Hi all !
Coffee seems to have helped the bourbon hangover,
but doesn't seem to have helped my analytical skills at all :((
(yes I celebrated marvin's (re)birth... I mean 1st netboot),

I've managed to copy all the tarballs to the SyQuest and unpack them.
(SCSI seems to work fine!)
I've disklabeled, newfsed, mounted, etc.

Now the tricky bit ... how do I make it bootable?

I've tried:
#disklabel -B -b /usr/mdec/sdboot sd0
            this command executes ok, and writes to the disk,
            however during boot only seems to load the primary boot
            and then hangs
and
#disklabel -B -b /usr/mdec/sdboot -s /usr/mdec/boot sd0
            this command fails ... so I added b0 & b1 flags to the syquest
            entry in /etc/disktab (yes I did a disklabel -t earlier)
and then
#disklabel -B sd0
            ...now hoping that secondary boot works .... but boot still
hangs

how can I find out what's wrong?
or is there a simple answer?

Thanks,