Subject: Re: Problem with VAXStation 4000/VLC
To: Bamdad Ehterami , <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/18/2001 10:05:50
Some questions:
         1) When you boot the output is going to the VT420 right
            and the monitor accepts commands from the VT420 as well
            right?

         2) Check to see what baud rate the VT420 is set to, I believe
            that NetBSD wants 9600 on the console and if you've set
            it to 19.2 in the VLC it may break.

         3) You aren't accidently hitting 'F1' (hold screen) in an attempt
            to hit "escape" are you? Look for the "HOLD" light on the
            keyboard.

         4) The "installation prompt" is the Sysinstall screen right?

--Chuck