Subject: Re: Hardware question : VAX 11/750 & SCSI?
To: Elmet Orasson <elmet@lr.ttu.ee>
From: James Lothian <simul8@simul8.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 23:44:25
Elmet Orasson wrote:

>         This beast normally uses Massbus. Has DEC or some other
> manufacturer ever created a SCSI card for it? If there is such a card
> out there then I'm very interested of getting hold of one :-)
>
> ===========
>
> Elmet Orasson aka Bjv
>
> Homepage (actually not :-) : http://www.pld.ttu.ee/~elmet

A Unibus scsi controller will work fine. If you want to boot off it,
you'll need an MSCP boot rom (e.g. the one that comes with a UDA50).

As far as I know, nobody ever did a CMI-bus scsi controller, which is a
shame,
as it would allow you to bypass the (fairly slow) unibus adapter. (CMI
is the
32-bit CPU backplane bus, into which the unibus and massbus adapters
plug.)

James