Subject: Re: VS 4000/60 Netboot problems
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 13:02:37
Hi,

On 03/14/2001 06:45:55 AM EST Michael Kukat wrote:

>Christian Groessler wrote:
>> >Do you have a serial console hooked up?
>> Just curious, what's the reason the LCG adapter isn't supported?
>> Is it that simply nobody did it yet, or is documentation missing?
>
>4000/60 and 4000/90 usually have better graphics than LCG. And LCG (used
>in the 4000VLC) is not that simple as the name (which stands for Low
>Cost Graphics) could mean. It has some 2D acceleration. I played around
>in the framebuffer memory a bit, but without initializing the chip, you
>just get monochrome and very slow graphics.

My 4000/60 appears to have a LCG:

>>> show config

KA46-A V1.1-31E-V4.0
08-00-2B-28-F4-04
32MB

DEVNBR    DEVNAM           INFO
------    --------    --------------------------
     1         NVR    OK
     2         LCG    OK
                       HR - 8 PLN FB - V1.1
     3          DZ    OK
     4       CACHE    OK
     5         MEM    OK
                      32MB = SY=8MB, S0/1=8MB, S2/3=8MB, S4/5=8MB
     6         FPU    OK
     7          IT    OK
     8         SYS    OK
     9          NI    OK
    10        SCSI    OK
                      2-LIGHTNI 3-ST31055 6-INITR
    11         AUD    OK

Is there some documentation for this card available online?

regards,
chris