Subject: DECserver 300 questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/2001 22:40:09
Hi all!

Talking 'bout terminals... I use a DECserver 300 to control most of my
VAX consoles via telnet, and i have a little problem, which i solved a
slightly uncommon way recently.
The DECserver doesn't seem to know about a way to send a break from my
telnet session to the serial port to get to the console prompt or so. I
checked nearly all configuration parameters, a BREAK just isn't generated.

Does someone know a solution for this problem?

If not, here is my solution: decrease the speed of the port to 75 Bps with
CHANGE PORT 2 SPEED 75
or so, press space several times, and re-change the speed to 9600 Bps
again. You have to disconnect the session after the speed changes, but
this is a usable, but complicated way to generate a BREAK my VAXen accept.

So long... Michael