Subject: Re: 4000/600
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/11/2001 19:22:10
hello,

hmm. the symptom so far is that the machine freezes.  Processes already
running are still evidently running, but no new processes can be started.
I suspect detritus in the cache, the ka690 does have a bigger
cache than the 680. 512k vs 128k.  i know the boards should more or less be
identical except for speed (14 ns for the 680, 12 ns for the 690) and cache.
Can i get the source from which you built the kernel you sent me, so i can
change the cache enable routine to flush a larger cache and see if it
works?

Isildur