Subject: Help!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <EncinoAdam@aol.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2001 01:40:54
--part1_3c.85d74f8.27d731f6_boundary

Please forgive the intrusion.  I am writing a paper, and part of the paper
involves old VAX computers.  In searching the net, you seem to be the
ultimate supreme VAX guru.  I decided to write you in hopes that you might be
able to answer a few questions.  Feel free to respond to this or delete it.
But, I would definitely appreciate your help!

1.  Why are you so interested in VAX computers?
2.  What languages can be programmed on a VAX?  Is C++ one of them?
3.  Do VAX computers use "dumb-terminals"?
4.  If so, How many terminals can be hooked up to one VAX?
5.  Do the dumb terminals have floppy drives or tape drives, or any way of
backing up data?
6.  What type of thesis project might a comp-sci student have worked on in
1994?
7.  Could a VAX in 1994 be hooked up to the Internet?
8.  How much might a VAX cost?

I realize these are broad questions.. and that there are probably dozens of
VAX models.  So, the answers can be similiarly generic... if the answers
don't apply to all VAXs, that is okay.    Can you tell me anything else about
the VAX?  Why have they all but gone away?  Thanks again for any help you are
able to provide.  Your web site helped quite a bit, already.  I am just using
it for general reference.

Sincerely,

Adam

--part1_3c.85d74f8.27d731f6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Please forgive the intrusion. &nbsp;I am writing a paper, and part of the paper
<BR>involves old VAX computers. &nbsp;In searching the net, you seem to be the
<BR>ultimate supreme VAX guru. &nbsp;I decided to write you in hopes that you might be
<BR>able to answer a few questions. &nbsp;Feel free to respond to this or delete it. &nbsp;
<BR>But, I would definitely appreciate your help!
<BR>
<BR>1. &nbsp;Why are you so interested in VAX computers?
<BR>2. &nbsp;What languages can be programmed on a VAX? &nbsp;Is C++ one of them?
<BR>3. &nbsp;Do VAX computers use "dumb-terminals"?
<BR>4. &nbsp;If so, How many terminals can be hooked up to one VAX?
<BR>5. &nbsp;Do the dumb terminals have floppy drives or tape drives, or any way of
<BR>backing up data?
<BR>6. &nbsp;What type of thesis project might a comp-sci student have worked on in
<BR>1994?
<BR>7. &nbsp;Could a VAX in 1994 be hooked up to the Internet?
<BR>8. &nbsp;How much might a VAX cost?
<BR>
<BR>I realize these are broad questions.. and that there are probably dozens of
<BR>VAX models. &nbsp;So, the answers can be similiarly generic... if the answers
<BR>don't apply to all VAXs, that is okay. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Can you tell me anything else about
<BR>the VAX? &nbsp;Why have they all but gone away? &nbsp;Thanks again for any help you are
<BR>able to provide. &nbsp;Your web site helped quite a bit, already. &nbsp;I am just using
<BR>it for general reference.
<BR>
<BR>Sincerely,
<BR>