Subject: kernel panics on 1.5S
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor <staylor@mrynet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/05/2001 12:55:29
Hello All,

I've run into a situation on 1.5S where my VS4000/60 is panicing at
seemingly random place.  I've been attempting to build a new kernel,
but I'm unable to make it though more than 15 or 20 file compilations
before the panic hits with:

	panic: kernel stack invalid
	syncing disks... Trap: type 2, code 0, pc 80000457, psl 4080000
	panic: trap

	dumping to dev 20,9 offset 17152
	dump succeeded

  	83 BOOT SYS

I'm still struggling to get through a new kernel build with KDB enabled,
but it is not succeeding very well.

The kernel version is:

	NetBSD 1.5S (MRYVAX2) #20: Mon Mar  5 04:32:58 CST 2001
    	    root@mod100.mrynet.lv:/usr/src/sys/arch/vax/compile/MRYVAX2

Is anyone else running 1.5S on a VS4000 experiencing this?

Would anyone happen to have a 1.5S GENERIC kernel compiled that I could
get from them for comparison?  I was previously able to go back to 1.5Q
kernel and the problem dissapeared, but that file has been accidentally
lost now.

I'd really appreciate it if someone were able to provide a 1.5S VAX
GENERIC for me.  :)

Thanks,
-scott