Subject: Re: ieeefp.h
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/2001 20:32:27
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:20:23PM -0500, Douglas Meade wrote:
> I tried to compile Perl5-base from the pkgsrc collection, and it finally
> quit saying "unable to find /usr/include/machine/ieeefp.h (where 'machine'
> is a sym link to 'vax').  There is indeed no ieeefp.h file in the
> /usr/include/vax directory as installed.  Where does this file belong?
> Where can I find it?

You can't.  The VAX doesn't *have* IEEE floating-point.

If Perl now requires IEEE floating-point, that seems like a pretty dumb
decision by the maintainers of Perl, but it's also probably something you'll
have to take up with them.

    And now he couldn't remember when this passion had flown, leaving him so
  foolish and bewildered and astray: can any man?
						   William Styron