Subject: Re: netbooting issues
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/2001 10:48:01
>> The reason why I am asking about the uVAX II allthough the FAQ says
>> that Q-bus machine are not supported for netbooting is that I was
>> told that these machines can indeed succesfully be netbootet.

You were told correctly - for at least some of them.  I have a uV2
(very stripped hardware - CPU, memory, and two DEQNAs) that I netboot.
The server is a NetBSD/sparc machine.

I too see the symptom of the booter not counting down.  I don't quite
know what's going on with that, but I can usually interrupt it and boot
by hand, and after that it works until next power-off.  I assume some
battery is dead, but that's just an assumption - I haven't dug into it
in enough detail to speak with confidence on that point.

It's down at the moment (the server's SCSI seems to have decided to
flake out - parity errors that, while occasional, are frequent enough
to cause real trouble), or I'd give you a more detailed summary.  I can
probably pull the disks and look at them on another machine if you're
still having trouble....

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca