Subject: Re: More raining VAXentoyz -- VAXstation 3200 today
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2001 20:06:22
On 26 Jan, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> I have a couple of 85mb fujitsu mfm drives at home, 2443 or something
> like that.  Can those be used if needed?  I can get the drive parms
> for them, so can plug them into the formatter, IFF it will accept
> them.
http://vaxarchive.org/hw/vs2000/fmtbob.html says:
In theory you can use ANY MFM drive in the VS2000 by calculating
the appropriate parameters.

And if the drive works with a VS2000 it works with a RQDX3.

> Anything strange I need to know about resurrecting mfm drives on
> the RQDX3?  I would suppose a clean format might be appropriate.
I don't know if there exists a RQDX3 Formater for VAX. I don't know if
this exists at all. Perhaps there exists a formater only for PDP11...
For home use, you must have VS2000 for use as a drive formater.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen