Subject: Re: More raining VAXentoyz -- VAXstation 3200 today
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2001 12:46:57
hello,
ive got tahoe, but you can use the tahoe boot blox with reno.
i know, theres something messed up with the boot blocks in the tahoe tape
in the pups archive :(
ive run tahoe with an RQDX3, a CMD CQD220, an emulex UC07, and a CMD
CQD440. works like a champ.

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> > I dont know if its supported for grafix in netbsd- but under reno and
> > tahoe you should be able to run X on this box!
>
> Hmmm, I have been trying to get a working Reno port, but for some
> reason I always get boot blocks that abort.  Tahoe works OK.
> You got Reno or Tahoe on your box, and with what mscp controller?
>
> Here's a thought.  I have a fellow with a couple scsi differential
> 2.1 gig drives by seagate, and I have a card for a differential
> mscp/tmscp Qbus.  Are there any drive limitations in hardware
> that would affect using such a drive on the VS3200?  That might
> make for a fairly usable little machine.

not at all, aside from filesystem size limit. 4.3 only digs 2gb
filesystems, so youll have to split the disks up. for example,
on cmuccvax there is one 2 gig disk and one 3gig, hung from a cqd220.

isildur