Subject: Re: Misc 7000 class boards --- what are they?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 18:34:32
On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:52:12AM -0500, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> OK, I dug into the innards of my DEC 7000 class critter, last night,
> and these are the boards it has:
>
> 1.  ME35394582-E2040-AB C01  182mhz Alpha processor  (Darn, it would have
>                                                       been fun if VAX!)
I could trade you a model 600 vax cpu for it if you want, I have two in my
machine but would like to be able to run dual alpha in mine also (have a E2040
laying around)

> 2.  ME34979128-E2044-AA F05  I/O processor
>
> 3.  E2846-AT D02 ZG41101225  512mb ram module
>
> 4.  T2020 XMI board (what is it?)

Seems like a DEMNA, XMI Ethernet controller.

> 5.  T2030-YA A02 board (what is it?)

Something called "CLOCK & ARBITRATION MODULE" I have no Idea.
Will open up the VAX7620 here and see if I have such a card.

> 6.  T2028-AA board (what is it?)

Something called "DWLMA-AA" it's the card that bind the Futurebus and XMI together with the E2044-AA (IOPC Module)

> 7.  T2029-AB GA series board (these are the scsi boards?)  (3 each)

These are KZMSA, XMI scsi controller, should work in both DEC/VAX7000 and DEC/VAX10000 but not in any older VAX systems.

> 8.  T2029-AB AY series board (different scsi board?) (1 each)

Same as above.

> 9.  DEFAA ethernet

DEFAA is a FDDI controller for Futurebus+ (are you sure thats the right name? as Futurebus+ is only a AlphaServer 8x00 bus)

> 10.  82003-AA board (used in ethernet chassis for bus run?)

Don't have the slightest idea.