Subject: Re: 4000/200 Booting Troubles Resolved
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 11:04:05
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

[snip]

> No - although I didn't use (never have) the install kernel. Did the following:
> Netbooted from my PC box, then:
> disklabel -I -i ra0     (and setup a 40 cylinder A, an 80 cylinder B, full-drive
> C, remainder F)
> newfs /dev/rra0a; newfs /dev/rra0f
> mount /dev/rra0a /mnt
> mkdir /mnt/usr
> mount /dev/rra0f /mnt/usr
> (untar all of the distribution files)
> disklabel -B -b /mnt/usr/mdec/raboot ra0
>
> That did the trick for me. Don't forget to run ./MAKEDEV std, otherwise you get
> that damn no console message.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I did, but I'll try it again.

Thanks for taking the time to send that procedure to me - much
appreciated.

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.