Subject: old companies are cool
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 09:29:44
i am an employee of Mack Trucks, Inc.  once again, the 100 year old companies
pull through for those of us without the common sense to just buy a PeeCee,
install windows, reboot, reboot, reboot, and get on with our lives.

tracked down the VMS admin, and she gave me the following (not to keep sadly,
but alas, it's a good loaner set)

VMS 5.5 on TK50 (with mandatory updates)
VMS User;s Manual
VMS System Manager's Manual

so i should be kept very busy getting VMS installed on the one VAX 4000/300
as well as all this "light reading" to keep me busy, i'll definitely be a more
enlightened person.  anyway, i will probably stop bugging the list with all
these VMS questions (until i need the manuals translated from DEC to english)
and pretty soon will have my MOP loader setup and running and will be getting
NetBSD on the m400!!  but that's down the road.

thanks for all the help i have gotten, you guys rule.

-brian