Subject: VAXStation 4000/90 install
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Patrice Lespagnol <Patrice.Lespagnol@obs-nancay.fr>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/23/2001 08:11:29
   Hello,

    I  have a VAXStation 4000/90 (with 32MB memory, 1.05GB harddisk, a
CDROM device) and VMS runnning. Iwould like to put  it under UNIX. I
have found that NetBSD could do that so I would like to install NetBSD
1.5 from the CDROM.

    At this time I have downloaded a cdvax.iso (1.5) file, burn a CD
with it and boot the CD on the workstation. What is resulting is :

         >>NetBSD/vax boot [Nov 17 2000 07:23:42]<<
        >>Press any key to abort autoboot 0
        Changing bootprb.unit fromm 400 to 4
        Get disklabel : no disk  label
        nfs_open : must mount first
        701856+1205116+145624=0x1f51f8
        _

then nothing happen.

    I don't know what to do at all,  I don't know very well netbsd (I
only have read  the install notes).
    Could somebody help me ?

Thanks a lot,

patrice