Subject: Re: argh! && MicroVAX 3400 questions.
To: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
From: lpt1 <lpt1@cyber-wizard.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/21/2001 13:40:07
Well, I've got a 3400 up and running here, and I've done some work on a few
of them around town. The first thing I would check is your handshaking,
make sure you've got hardware handshaking on for your terminal/pc, and the
correct wiring to umm...err...equiv to cts on the vax..can't remember what
they call it now. But, all the 3400's I've seen insist the line be high for
it to send.

Second thing I'd check is the thumbwheel switch behind the bulkhead for the
CPU, I've seen several boxes where it was upped to 19200 baud.

I've got a nice little RS-232 LED box I leave in place on my cable, I'm
using a 'clipped' rj12 and every once in a while, it decides to work it's
way loose.

Good luck
Paul