Subject: Re: Test kernel available
To: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/16/2001 10:07:49
On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 08:25:02AM +0100, Mattias Nordlund wrote:

> It will boot from anything running mop, just give it the kernel (VXT.SYS)
> as you load the bootloader for VAX, you can do a T/UTIL 1 to reset the
> nvram on the VXT2000+.

I'm just chiming in here. I think NetBSD/vax on VXT2000s would be
really cool. I have four or five of them and they would make really
cool "compute" servers (considering the monitors are in a really bad
shape:). And since I can't get a shark I'd love to have something
with the form factor (and weight) a bit smaller than my normal
NetBSD machines... sure, big machines are cool, until you have to move
them.

--
jht, broke my back with a Sparc 4/360 case.