Subject: Re: terminal and postgresql
To: Thorsten Jens <thojens@gmx.de>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/15/2001 17:03:55
Thorsten Jens <thojens@gmx.de> writes:

> I am running into the same problem with PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on my
> VAXserver 3100. Compilation of backend/access/transam/xlog.c fails.

Probably my fault.  I submitted the VAX port of PostgreSQL, and then
NetBSD stopped working on my KA650.  After a _lot_ of attempts, I gave
up, and it's now running Reno.  I think the main problem is, that
you're trying to compile the Sparc code instead of the VAX code,
because I made the mistake of using "vax" instead of "__vax__" in
ifdefs and such.  It was still legal back then.  :-)

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.