Subject: Re: Converting Dilog SQ703 to 706
To: Ben <bluesky6@ix.netcom.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/13/2001 20:25:20
I have a very bad copy of some relevant pages from the 706A manual (which
is what yours now is presumably)

You can create a 'virtual' terminal connection from the console prompt as
follows:
 >>> D/P/L 20088004 80000001
 >>> D/P/W 20001f40 20
 >>> d/p/w <addr> 3FFF
 >>> S 200

What this does is create a I/O mapping, then enable it, the tell the
controller to load the monitor program into memory, and then execute the
monitor.

The <addr> field is the address of the SA register on the controller.

I'm guessing it is one of:
         2000146a
         200000de
         200000ee
         200000fe
(depending on if the controller was last configured as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,
etc. If it is showing up as the first one then the 2000146a address should
be correct.

When you type S 200 the formatter diagnostics should start.

--Chuck