Subject: Re: AUI-BNC
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/09/2001 10:56:20
Dave McGuire drunkenly mumbled...
> On January 9, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> >
> > plus, i moved to Brasil for a couple of years, and internet connectivity down
> > there is crappy enough that following a mailing list is a hassle.
>
>   Cool!

it was a lot of fun, and it was very educating.  i'm looking to go back again
sometime (my wife is brasilian, and so our daughter is half-brasilian, so we
like to spend time down there as well so she can be with the other half of her
family, now i just gotta find a way to make good money while i'm down there and
i could stay longer.)

>   When I speak of VAX hardware, I frequently use the term "personality".

that is exactly the word i was looking for.

>   Ahh, 4000-series machines are nice.  What models are you picking up?
> I have a pair of 4000/400s here that I REALLY like.

2 300s and a 400 one of them has 4 1GB SCSI disks in it, and that's about all
i know.  i'll know more after this weekend after i pick them up and pull them
apart.

-brian