Subject: Re: Any spare Qbus cdrom cards for an RRD42 drive around?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jeff McMahill <jmcm@FRC2.frc.ri.cmu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/05/2001 13:28:01
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, der Mouse wrote:

> Does anyone know of a "native" Q-bus SCSI interface, ie, one that
> doesn't hide its SCSIness?  It wouldn't be bootable without replacing
> all the ROM code, but it would still be useful nonetheless (at least
> to retrocomputing geeks like us :-).

Somewhere I have a "tape only" SCSI controller with complete
documentation.  For normal operation, it just emulates TMSCP,
but it also has a SCSI pass through programming interface.
At some point I tried writing a driver, but could never
get a response from the card.
Some day I'll dig it up and work on it some more...

I wonder if other {T}MSCP <-> SCSI controllers have a
similar capability?

   -Jeff