Subject: Re: Dilog 703 SCSI controller question
To: None <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/03/2001 22:34:30
On  3 Jan, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> The main cabinet cable appears to be straight through, from the
> KA640 cpu up to the drive bay wall mounted 50 pin dip receptacle.
Yes. I did not check this yet, but it looks very hard like a 1:1
connection. (I am talking about a BA215, I don't know what box you
have.)

> I can make up another 50 pin ribbon thing, and make it long enough
> to follow out and up to an external drive box, if needed.
There are "external SCSI plug adapters" available. They have a HD50 on
one and a plug for the 50 pin ribbon cable on the other side. I think
it will be easy to replace the DSSI ribbon cable with HD50 plug with
such a adapter and a ribbon cable. That cable connects internal drives
and goes to the drive bay wall mounted connector.

> The thing I really need to know is if that 50 pin round DSSI cable
> running from the drive bay down to the CPU is pin/pin compatible
> with a straight scsi 50 pin run.  I THINK it is, but need to make
> sure of that.
Please let me know if you checked that. I have the same problem here.
:-)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen