Subject: Re: EUREKA! My DECstation 5400 is a VAXstation 3520 Dual CPU!
To: Paul Thompson <thompson@mail.athenet.net>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/09/2000 15:48:16
> I have a Release Notes manual for ULTRIX version 4.1 which names the
> VAXstation 3520 as a supported machine.  There are no notes indicating
> anything special must be done to install ULTRIX, just a couple notes
> about running Xwindow clients.

Was 4.1 released on CD or only on tape?  I am wondering if there is
something strange about booting from CD that might be causing the
machine to lockup.  Perhaps it must have a TKQ70 and TK70 for original
booting?  Any ideas or suggestions?

IFF it must boot from TK70, what are the settings for the TKQ70
board to work in the thing?  I am not sure what board is in the last
slot, but it may be the bridging board.  I thought it was a ram
board, but the ram looked a little strange mand more like line driver
chips possibly, dunno for sure, yet.  But, if it is the bridge board,
then I am home free for the TKQ70 at least.

Any suggestions or insights appreciated.

Bob