Subject: Re: Question about smg
To: Kevin Read <obsidian@obsidian.de>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/31/2000 07:14:54
Hi !

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Kevin Read wrote:
> My little VS3100 has smg onboard, I removed the color graphics
> adaptor. Now my question: Can I use the monitor cable that came with the
> vax? I assume its intended for the color card, because its got RGB output
> cables. Can I simply connect it to a color monitor?

Take this: http://www.bsdfans.org/pinouts.php3
This should answer your questions. You have to bridge Pin 9 and 10, then you
can use your color monitor on the green channel. You need a monitor with
54KHz AFAIK.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.