Subject: Diskless booting - swap too late
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/22/2000 23:53:08
I am netbooting my MV 2000 completely diskless, because I want to
preserve the VMS on the disk. Unfortunately, the rcorder enables the
swap just too late to be useful:

raidframe ccd swap1 fsck root mountcritlocal ttys bootconf.sh lkm1 ipsec
ipfilter sysctl network dhclient NETWORK mountcritremote wscons sysdb
syslogd ppp kdc savecore ipmon SERVERS named ntpdate rpcbind ypserv
ypbind yppasswdd lkm2 mountall xfs virecover quota mountd ipnat lkm3
securelevel pwcheck nfsd nfslocking

swap2 <- only here the nfs swap gets enabled, but this fails because
	 the machine runs out of swap.

(rest of order omitted)

This is presumably because it wants to have the network configured, but
this is unnecessary when netbooted, because the booting left it
configured...

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.