Subject: MicroVax II netbooting
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2000 15:04:15
Hello,

The ever continuing story of netbooting a microvax II goes on.

We now use vax-port of NetBSD-1.4.1 and have installed all the files we
needed from this version. The correct version of the boot.mop is found after
that we get:
>> Press any key to abort autoboot (with a counter that keeps showing 5)

We press enter and see:
> boot netbsd
Trying BOOTP

Now nothing happens, the only thing we see on tcpdump is this:
14:33:45.552149 B 0.0.0.0.bootpc > 255.255.255.255.pootps: [|bootp]

We have waited for something, but further nothing happens.

Can someone help us get going again?

thanks,
bart

ps:
As netboot server we're using a redhat 6.1 system with kernel 2.2.16.
Between the netboot server is a crosslink cable and on the vax we've put an
UTP to Vax ethernetcard connector converter.

verions mopd: 2.5.3
version bootparamd: 1.0.1 (i think)
version nfs: 2.2 beta 47