Subject: Re: question about netbooting a microvax II
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/09/2000 19:53:40
Hello,

Thanks for the previous help, xqa0 worked perfectly. But now we get another
error.

We hope that you guys don't mind asking all this on the list, but no one
else can help us and on the internet we can't find much either.

So this time i got this after typing mopboot:

>> NetBSD/vax boot [980530 13:32] <<
/netbsd
netboot: no interfaces left untried
rtt

after this the vax hangs.

Now we fear we don't have the correct ethernet address set on my linux box.
Somewhere we read we could find it with this command:
e/w/p/n:5 20001920

I got this:
P 20001920  FF08
P 20001922  FF00
P 20001924  FF2B
P 20001926  FF02
P 20001928  FFB5
P 2000192A  FF87

so we thought the ethernet address we have to use is 08:00:2b:02:b5:87

If this is correct, what else could be a problem. By the way tcpdump showed
that there was data being send. The mop server also showed a lot of data
being send. But no errors being reported as far as i could see.

thanks,
bart