Subject: RE: Now Ive gone and done it
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Havard <enigma@sevensages.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/05/2000 17:19:56

> The 4000/300 has a DSSI (actually two!) on board and they are not yet
> supported. I'm not sure how easily my driver will port, so far I've been
> working on getting the MSCP "class" driver working to my satisfaction.

All I know is that somebody had better get that internal DSSI controller
working.  Of course, not that it matters, though, as I have TWO of the CMD
scsi controllers.  Also, I'm assuming the MMJ jack on these things is for a
console of some sort for diagnostics, or maybe to update firmware?

As soon as I build a console for this thing, which I think I'll do tonight,
I should be having NetBSD on the machine (or playing with the VMS
installation that NOAA might have left on there).  VMS is fun.

Regards,
John Havard