Subject: Re: VS3100m38 oddities.
To: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/02/2000 15:51:59
If the systems don't have any internal disks, there may not be a large
enough load on the power supply for it to operate correctly.  Try plugging
in a SCSI hard drive... or actually any drive.  It doesn't have to work in
the system.  It only needs to generate an electrical load.

-brian.

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Erno Palonheimo wrote:

> I've recently acquired a pile of VS3100m38 machines. Do these things
> usually die? Some of my machines (two, to this date) have just
> mysteriously stopped working. One of them simply refuses to start,
> i.e. the fans don't spin up, the leds don't light up, etc. The other
> one powers up fine, but fails during self-tests... It goes through the
> usual self-test cycle until step B, where it hangs for a long time,
> and after that it quickly prints rest of the self-test letters and
> reports error code 0101.0101 with every self-test. What could be
> causing this?
>
> --
> --  Erno Palonheimo <esp@iki.fi> http://iki.fi/esp/ --

--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
The special BAD part of Heaven, where the clouds are made of steel wool
and the angel robes are those backless paper things from the hospital.
 -- K.