Subject: VAX 4000/200 issue resolved!
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 19:23:48
Fascinating, thanks to Pierre-Michel's analysis of his system I was able to
ascertain there wasn't anything wrong with my BA440 at all!

The KA660 CPU brings the DSSI bus out to the C/D connector fingers and the
CPU I had in the box was a KA640 which does not. Once I knew what should
work, I reassembled the system and discovered that the DSSI drive in the
rack was completely into the backplane! Youch! Anyway, all is well, I
reseated/rebooted and now the DSSI drive is just fine and I'm busily
installing VMS to verify the drive's integrity. (I've not NetBSD installed
on a scsi disk that hangs off the Q-Bus.

--Chuck